Wheatland County Counselling has a rich tradition of helping those in need, and we’ve designed our website, office, telehealth and video call services to assist in all aspects of our care. When our clients use our website, telehealth and video call services or visit us in person, we may obtain data from and about you to allow us to offer exceptional services. We treat your personal information with care and respect.
Please also keep in mind that our website may contain links to other websites not owned or controlled by us, and we are not responsible for the privacy practices of those sites. We encourage you to be aware when you leave our website and to read the privacy policies of other sites that may collect your personal information.
Types of Information We Collect
We collect personal information and anonymous information. For example:
- When you contact us, we collect the information you provide to determine the most appropriate care to offer you;
- When you receive our services, your psychologist, counsellor, or therapist may keep the information obtained during your appointments in our private and encrypted client management system – information kept confidential between you and select staff members;
- When you pay for your services, we’ll keep records of those transactions;
- We track our anonymous website traffic;
- When you use our telehealth or video call services, your psychologist, counsellor, or therapist may record the session as an encrypted and protected file to assist them with providing care.
Use of Your Information
Sharing Your Information
We will not share your personal information with a third party outside of Wheatland County Counselling except in limited circumstances, including the following.
- When you allow us to share your personal information with another service provider to extend your care;
- When you direct us to share your personal information with another organization;
Your Controls and Choices
We allow you to exercise controls and choices regarding our collection, use and sharing of your information by applicable law; your controls and choices may include:
- Correcting, updating, and deleting your personal information;
- Choosing or changing your choices of the personal information collected;
- Choosing whether to receive information from us about our services that we think may be of interest to you or supportive of your care;
- Requesting the removal of your personal information from our records; and
- Requesting access to your personal information.
Please be aware that if you do not allow us to collect your personal information, we may be unable to deliver adequate care. If the collection of personal information is mandatory, we will make it clear at the point of collection so you can make an informed decision whether to participate. If you have questions about the personal information about you that we process or retain and your rights regarding that personal information, please get in touch with us.
We recognize the need to provide further privacy protections concerning personal information we may collect from children on our website, through telehealth and video calls, or in person. When we intend to collect personal information from children, we take additional steps to protect children’s privacy, including:
- Notifying parents about our information practices concerning children, including the types of personal information we may collect from children, the uses to which we may put that information, and whether and with whom we may share that information;
- Following applicable law and our practices, obtaining consent from parents for the collection of personal information from their children;
- Limiting our collection of personal information from children to no more than is reasonably necessary to participate in an online activity; and
- Giving parents access or the ability to request access to the personal information we have collected from their children and the ability to request that the personal information be changed or deleted.
Data Security, Integrity, and Retention